4/18/2010

Where Is Your Hope Found?

Scribbled by Darrell Barnes


I was driving around with Troy earlier, and there is a line from Jay Z's "Empire State of Mind," track that says,
And Jesus can't save you, life starts when the church ends.
Bummer.  What a sad thing to hear from someone.  We were throwing out possibilities of what he could have been trying to get at, because most of the lyrics from this verse were a lot of different situations in which people came to New York to start a new life, and quickly learned that it's not exactly what they were expecting.  Anyway, the discussion ended with us just saying that whatever he was getting at, he wasn't singing about any hope.

This word, "hope," has been in my mind for the rest of the evening.  Something heavy has been on my mind for the past few days and I just can't seem to shake it.  I'm not really enjoying it.  However, I have been encouraged quite a bit these past couple of days too.  Not to say that death is something that is easy to deal with, but I would love for you to read Aaron's thoughts about losing his grandmother on Thursday night.  You can read about it here.  Thank you, AP.  Also, I received a text from Rob today, that was very encouraging.  Here it is:

I would now like to pass on some encouragement.  This is something that I've been preaching to myself, in the midst of the feelings of defeat and fear.  It's Psalm 62:5-8:
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah
So, even in the moments of loneliness, please remember that our Hope is in Him.  I will attempt to do the same.  Now, I leave you with this.  If this doesn't cheer you up, then I don't know what will.  Enjoy.

1 good games:

The Irwins said...

Oh how I love some Chumba Wumba. Way to D ;)