3/13/2010

Carpe Diem

Scribbled by Darrell Barnes

I just got home from moving a new friend into her new apartment. I've been doing some thinking this morning about worry for some reason, and really trying to shake it. As I was wondering exactly how to tackle this common issue, I received a tweet from Matt that said,

“MattChandler74: RT @JeremyTreat5: 'Self help' makes no sense. If YOU are the problem, why would you go to yourself for the solution? Turn to JESUS."

It makes complete sense that if we are the ones that cause our selfish issues, how in the world could we be the ones to fix it? If I would just fully trust in the Lord I could live by the words of Stonewall Jackson from the movie, Gods and Generals, while he stood still in the midst of battle:

“My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time of my death, and I won't concern myself with that. But to be always be ready whenever it may overtake me. That's the way all men should live. All men would be equally brave."

I would be ready when all sorts of pain, suffering, etc. showed up.

So, I thought it was only fitting to title this post what I did. Also, I just happen to be watching “Dead Poet's Society.". Great flick, go check it out if you haven't already seen it.




Location:Marble Cove Ln,Denton,United States

1 good games:

jackie russell said...

this is great... i've really enjoyed your blog. -