2/07/2010

Day 5, Jamaica

Scribbled by Darrell Barnes

Friday, February 05, 2010
1:13 PM
    7:00
    Got an early start this morning, because I was really excited to take my tour in Jamaica.  Had some breakfast with the family this morning, then got ready to depart.
    9:30
    Finally worked my way through the crowd and got off the ship.  I made my way over to the lady holding the sign that read, "Johns Hall Plantation."  I got on the bus that held 23 passengers along with the driver and the host of the tour.  We drove through the town of Montego Bay, and arrived at the oldest church there.  I can't quite remember the name of it right now.  Oh well.  They had an all steel drum orchestra at their church services.  Pretty sweet.
    We then headed over to the Olive Basic School, where we were greeted by  3-5 year olds having class.  They came outside and sang a few songs for us.
    Finally we arrived at the Johns Hall Plantation.  Here we were all handed a coconut that had just been cut open for us.  The Coconut milk was delicious.  Then we all were led up through the plantation to the gazebo where we were served a traditional Jamaican meal, that included jerk chicken, pork, and some other flavorful foods. 
    Side note, this is David.  He's a pig, and he weighs 350 lbs.  Enjoy.
    It was a great day.  I got to buy some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and coffee liqueur.  I can't wait to enjoy some them together. 






0 good games: