2/07/2010

Day 1

Scribbled by Darrell Barnes

3:30
We finally made it on board the Voyager of the Seas. Thanks to Max we got to skip a line and get on faster than expected. I have to back up here a sec and just say that I had an awesome time with Leanne and Julian these past couple of days. It was a very nice pre vacation vacation. Heh…

I got to my room and unloaded my things, and was greeted by a rather nice fruit plate and a complimentary bottle of Champagne. As I was about to dive into the banana and strawberries, the captain came on the speaker and said it was time for the required drill that takes place before every departure to sea.

4:45
I then went and met my parents, sister and brother-in-law for a pre cruise toast in mom and dad's room. We headed down for our first meal of the trip, which included an incredible Spinach Salad, Primer Rib dinner and a delicious Strawberry compote and crispy meringue dessert.

7:30
After dinner, we took a walk around the ship to discover some of the cool things that we will be experiencing for the next 7 days. We found the deck that would have dinner if we by chance missed our dinner time. Brant, Cassi, Mom and Dad all went back to their rooms to sleep.

8:30
I went back to my room for a bit to do some unpacking. I'm all set up for the week. I grabbed a cigar, a glass of champagne and headed down to the 5th deck. I strolled on over to the Connoisseur's Lounge and sat with a Punch cigar. It was a very enjoyable experience, but it would have been better to enjoy the smoke with a good friend. Perhaps Dad and I will be able to enjoy this lounge over the next few days together. I really am looking forward to this trip.

10:05
I'm sitting here writing this blog and can't wait to wake up in the morning. I will probably read a bit, then turn in. I'd love to point out that Billy Ray Cyrus is on the tv, and I still think that he's kind of a tool, but good for him. Good night all.

0 good games: