12/15/2009

Graduation?

Scribbled by Darrell Barnes

So, Saturday marks a very interesting time in my life.  I am going to walk up a staircase onto a stage, where I will be greeted by several faculty members of the College of Business at UNT to say their farewells, since they will miss me so much.  Then I will walk up and give ol' Gretchen a "good game," while waving to the several thousands of people there to wish me off into this world.  7 years after the beginning of my college career and I've finally finished.

I'm really excited to just chill for a minute, and hopefully get some reading done.  That's crazy to say, since I've been reading a ton this past semester, but not stuff that I actually enjoy.  I want to read:

  1. Finish "Lord of the Rings" series
  2. A couple of John Piper books, including "Spectacular Sins," "John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God," and "For Your Joy."
  3. John MacArthur's "A Tale of Two Sons."
I'm fairly certain that I will have more time to read and workout now that I don't have to worry about keeping up with homework/quizzes.  We'll see though.

Also this Saturday, Hillary and Taylor will be making a new dessert (new to us, but not new to Smitten Kitchen) I'm pretty excited about this awesome creation.  It's a Chocolate Stout Cake.  It has Guinness, Bailey's and Irish Whiskey baked throughout this yummy treat.


Well, I'm off to bed.  I have to work early, then off to a final tomorrow evening.  Maybe I'll get a little P90X in before.  Stay classy.


0 good games: