12/07/2009

BYOCF

Scribbled by Darrell Barnes

The CF in the title is "Crepe Filling." Last night after service at the Village, a large gathering met at Hillary, Mandy, and Taylor's for a little B-day party. When I showed up, Hillary was making Crepe's, and it appeared that there were different kinds. I followed her into the other room, where she set them down on the table in front of an eager crowd. There were all types of fillings laid out in front of us, ranging from raspberries, caramel, shredded cheese, salsa, and a delicious spinach and feta cheese spread. Wow, I think this might be one of the most creative dessert parties that I have been to. Come to think of it, it might be the only dessert party to which I've ever been.

It was such a relaxing evening. After the crepes were all gone, so were many of the guests. This left a smaller crowd to sit and enjoy each others company, while James and Rob took turns at playing some tunes on the guitar. I really appreciate these times, because I know that one day Community won't be as easy to find. I hope that it is, but as we all start getting full time jobs, the chances of late nights will dwindle. For now, I will be in the moment and soak in as much as I possibly can.

Round 2 will commence this evening at my house. We're going to watch some Christmas movies, grill some veggies and hopefully have some holiday beverages. It should be fun. WOO WOO!!!

If you get a chance, please check out this video of Matt Chandler, only days before he went in for brain surgery. Video

0 good games: